APA 6th edition!!!
Patient is 2 years old with CHONDRODYSPLASIA PUNCTATA
with tracheostomy, cpap use, GT for supplement feeding. Patient is active able to walk, delayed speech but able to understand, little sign language, fall risk, seizure risk, followed by OT/PT.
1. Introduction…The Purpose of this paper is…. ( ____/5%)
2. Write several paragraphs describing this condition: cause, incidence, signs and symptoms, treatment and prognosis. ( ____/25%)
3. List all scheduled medications for your patient over last 24 hours. ( __/10%) –> (Table Version)
• List drug ferrous sulfate 220 mg/5 ml 1.5 ML 1X A DAY, PRUNE JUICE GIVE 15ML VIA gt 1X A DAY FOR LAXATIVE, HOLD IF ABOVE 4 BM IN 24 HOURS. PRN BENZOCAINE GEL 7.5% APPLY TO GUMS Q 4 HOURS AS NEEDED FOR TEETHING PAIN. IBUPROFEN SUSPENSION 100MG/5ML GIVE 5 ML VIA GT Q 6 HOURS AS NEEDED FOR TEMP ABOVE 37.9. GLYCERIN SUPP AS NEEDED FOR 0 BM X 48 HOURS.
• What classification is this drug?
• Why is it being used for your patient?
• Pediatric dosage range for this drug? Is the dose your patient is receiving is safe (please support with calculations).
• What are possible side effects of the drug
• What are the nursing interventions and considerations when your patient is receiving this medication? Are there any serum lab parameters which must be monitored?
4. What is your patient’s chronologic age? How has this diagnosis affected the patient physically? Cognitively? Developmentally? Compare your patient’s developmental milestones to normal milestones for that age (use textbook and journal articles to support your information). Incorporate Erickson, Piaget and other theorists ( ______/20%)
5. Conclusion…Summarize what you wrote ( _______/5%)
7. 20% for proper APA format, spelling, grammar, punctuation, references, following instructions, etc.
• Additional Instructions:
• Must use a minimum of 4 evidence-based references such as Journal Articles and Textbooks (Use at least 3 journal articles for your paper, 4th reference could be your textbook). References must be current, 5 years old maximum. (WebMD, Wikipedia, Yahoo, CDC, NIH etc. are not considered as evidence-based resources; they are websites).
• Paper must be a minimum of 5 pages long (at least 3 pages of text, 4th page is the medication page, 5th page is physical assessment). The title page and reference pages are not counted in the page count. (The introduction, pathophysiology, developmental milestones & conclusion sections should be a minimum of 3 pages).
• Follow APA Guideline from ->https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/ or APA textbook (7th Edition)
• Please cite all information that is not in your own words (includes quotations and paraphrases).
• Papers must be submitted through Turnitin, showing a similarity of <15% • Cite references per APA Guidelines (7th Edition); please add in-text citations for all work provided in your references. • Please follow HIPAA guidelines and do not provide any patient information in your paper (please use initials like D.A. or A.S). • Assignments are due the following Thursday at 10 am after the clinical rotation week. • As per policy, 5% per day will be deducted from your grade for each day late. After 3 days, your grade is an automatic 0%.
APA 6th edition!!!