1. Throughout the quarter, we’ve been discussing operations at a digital media business while looking at some companies that have done well and spearheaded major changes within certain industries. For Assignment 3, it’s time to do your own investigation. Use your business, one you hope to open in the future, or another innovative company to analyze and write a case study about. It is a great opportunity for you to think about and research exactly how you want your company to be.
If you are struggling with your choice, you can choose the organization that you currently work for or another innovative startup. Look to the following lists for inspiration: https://www.fastcompany.com/most-innovative-companies/2017 and https://www.forbes.com/innovative-companies/#4da0dab61d65
2. Using the provided template, present the case study that is organized as follows:
a. Title- come up with a catchy title for this case study to pique the reader’s interest. Ex. A Marketing Tip from Dr. Jeff
b. Executive Summary*- 1-2 paragraphs summarizing what your case study is about (see details below)
c. Introduction to the Business- 1-2 paragraphs that provide background information about what this business is, does and how it got started.
d. Need- write 2-3 paragraphs about what need the business fills. Did this business change the industry? If so, how?
e. Marketing, Social Media and Client Management- research and report back about what this business is doing to innovate in terms of marketing, social media and client management. Is the business using both traditional and digital media in its marketing? What traditional marketing is it using; what digital media is it using? What process is the business using for client management? This section should be 3-4 paragraphs in length.
f. Performance/Results- report about how this business has excelled (or missed the mark in certain areas) and what their results have been. This section should be 2-3 paragraphs in length and should include specific data/key metrics to demonstrate their results.
g. Recommendations- What high-level recommendations would you suggest for this business moving forward (enhance social media presence, streamline processes, build customer base, introduce new products, etc.) 2-3 paragraphs
h. Key Takeaways- What have you learned from the hits or misses of this business that you can apply to your own organization. 2-3 paragraphs
i. References- must be included in the form of a reference page (APA format suggested) http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/ *An executive summary is a short document or section of a document, produced for business purposes, that summarizes a longer report or proposal or a group of related reports in such a way that readers can rapidly become acquainted with a large body of material without having to read it all. It usually contains a brief statement of the proposal covered in the major document, background information, concise analysis and main conclusions. It is intended as an aid to decision-making by managers and has been described as possibly the most important part of a business plan.
They must be short and to the point.
Typical structure :
There is wide general agreement on the structure of a “typical” executive summary.
Typically, an executive summary will:
* be written in the same order as the main report
* only include material present in the main report
* be able to be read separately from the main report http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_summary
Formatting Requirements for this assignment are as follows:
Typed in a Word document • Double spaced using font size 12
• References must be included in the form of a reference page (APA format suggested)
• Include a cover page with your name, assignment and course title, and the date.
• Your analysis should be no more than 8 pages in length (excluding the cover page and references).